ArtRage is a software designed by Ambient Design Ltd.
As I said it is a real world simulator in terms of art. It provides tools like pencils, paints and real world dynamics, using which art can be created. It though heavily depends on the use of tablets.
Some of the features of ArtRage are:
- Real world tools like pencils, pens, acrylic, oil paints, erasers, smudge knife
- Zoom in, zoom out, rotate
- Different canvases for simulating texture
- Ability to attach other images as tracing images
- Export facilities to other formats like PNG and PSD other than the native format
ArtRage2 comes in two versions. The free version and the paid version.
One of the good thing about ArtRage2′s paid version is that it is quite affordable. At $20, the paid version packs quite a few extra features.
The price cannot be a reason for digital painting hobbyists to pirate some other costly software now.